I am finding more and more, that there is true power in small and simple things. “..lasting change happens little by little, day by day, try after try. We wish we could reach perfection in an instant, but we don’t need to be perfect today. We simply need to try a little harder to be a little better”. It is in the small, consistent steps we take, that can bring extraordinary results. With simplicity comes a greater sense of awareness and mindfulness. When I hear the word simplicity, I think about slowing down and taking off some of the load. I think about being more content with the present moment instead of running ahead…thinking it has to be in strides. I think about sitting with my family all-together, nothing necessarily extraordinary happening, just being together… I guess when I think about simplicity, I think about the things that are most important to me. Focusing my attention on one thing at a time and zoning in. Being grateful for the little things..a little bit more BALANCE. Here are a few things I’ve gathered from articles to find more simplicity in your life… I think we will truly find that “by small and simple things…(those small and simple steps of trying to be better and change)…are great things brought to pass”
- Single-task. Focus your attention on one thing at a time. This will bring less stress and help you get things done more quickly.
- Do what YOU really want to do. Don’t get caught up in living someone else’s dream
- Enjoy simple pleasures. Make time for, and soak up those simple pleasures a little more. Watching your favorite tv show, a hug, fresh & clean bed sheets.
- Declutter. Clean out your things and get rid of what you don’t need anymore. Give yourself some more breathing room.
- Try your best and be kind.